Friday, August 14, 2009

A Good Witch or A Bad Witch?

How cute is this? I tell you, some of these awards are enough to make me giggle for most of the day. This is one of them. And, I am quite pleased to have it bestowed on me by Dreamwriter over on her blog, Spiritual Expression. Thank you, Dreamy Writer! I admire your frank and open way of discussing so much of life's mystery as well as the mundane.

This award is relatively new. And, when I went to visit with The Domestic Witch, I found a woman of mirth and daily magick. A fun little spot to lurk about in. She crafted this award to honor:

For Achievement in Magical Housecrafting

The rules are simple enough~

If you've been bestowed The Domestic Witch Blog Award:
~ Pass the award on to 3 blogs about Domestic Witchery that you really enjoy.
~ Include the award in your blog post.
~ Link the nominees within your post.
~ Don't forget to mention the person who gave you the award.
~ Let your chosen winners know that they received The Domestic Witch Blog Award by commenting on their blog.

Hmm, three out of many...three out of many...three, the power of three:

Sarah: Cottage Garden Studio

Sara: Momma Craft

Cinner: Things About Who, What, When, Where, and Why

While these three writers express ideas in her unique voice and are quite different one from the other, the common bond for me is that they all nurture, support, wonder, and share. There's an openness and a kindness about them that makes the reader feel honored, safe, and comforted.

In our increasingly complex world, places like those they have crafted are necessary and true gifts. And, I'm most grateful for the daily rounds that take me to visit with all of them.

Turning a house into a home truly is the work of magick and heart. I work at that every day. It's nice to be recognized for those efforts. You all are most welcome at my home anytime. Just park your broom and come on in to sit a spell.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka Domestic Witch

12 comments:

Pretty Zesty said...

HA! THat a good one.

Eileen said...

You've cast a spell on so many ... here's to many years of bliss in that crafty spot you happily call home!

Cindy said...

Thankyou Holly, I am sure honored to be in your company, I had an exhusband that figured I needed a broom, just kidding. Thankyou for the recognition. Big hug, C

Sara said...

Congratulations for receiving this award Holly. I love this award, strippy tights and all. It makes me smile. Thank you for passing it to me and thank you for your kind words.

And I would like to say how much I love Sarah's and Cinner's blogs as well. They are a highlight of my bloggy day.

Love to you. xx

Life With Dogs said...

Sadly I lack a broom, And clicking my heels would be so passé. Can I just drop in for lunch? What do you have in the kettle? ;)

xxx said...

Congratulations on the wonderful witch award...
it's a cute looking award too.

best wishes to all the wonderful witches in blogland.

:) Ribbon

Joanna Jenkins said...

Love the award and it's great picture-- The visual speaks volumes and leaves a smile on my face.

Congrats to you Holly dear, for this well deserved award. I have no doubt about it-- You are a VERY GOOD witch.

I wish I could fire-up my broom and fly cross-country for lunch with you.

xo

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Very cool Holly. Congrats. You definitely rock! :D

Toni said...

HEE! That really is a cute award ... after seeing your kitchen, I'm TOTALLY down with the 'domestic' part of the magick, too!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Ooooh I loooove this one!!! I saw it..sooo wanted it!! How fun is that.
And your words Holly touched my heart. Thank you dear friend!!

As for the question..Well a good witch of course!!! Where is my broom - coming by for a visit girl!!! Hee hee!!!
Hugs and blessings, Sarah

Big Pissy said...

Congrats on receiving the award!

It's adorable! :)

joyce said...

Congrats on your newest award......your blog touches so many people. Yesterday's inspired me to do something with my kitchen.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings