Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday


Just yesterday, I did a post about mixing the ingredients of my day into a dish worth eating till there's nothing left....the notion of relishing my life and all the small and large parts of it...

I love synchronicity!

Because today, the fabulous Jamie prompts us to consider this Wishcasting Wednesday, "What do you wish to savor?" See? On the same wave length...

So, not to just sit back on what I've previously penned, I'm going to add this. What I wish to savor is all the tastes of summer. I'm going to max out on the garden my neighbor and I put in this year. And, eat as much as I can stand of the veggies that are rushing to meet the sky.

I want to eat as much sweet corn as the chances permit. Nothing on them at all, just straight from the cob to my lips.

I will eat a snowball if I can find them here, although that seems to be a Maryland treat and not much of them found in PA. But, I will eat Italian Ice if that's all that can be located.

I want to eat crabs! Even if I have to drive back home for them, crabs make for summer when you've grown up in The Land of Pleasant Living. There's nothing like the wonderful, wonderful taste of them and the fun of sitting around with friends while you pick and eat. Old Bay if you please!

A cold beer on a hot, steamy afternoon! Ahh...

And, melons!!! Water, cantaloupe, honey dew, MELONS! I want to sit and spit the seeds...

The tomatoes will be coming soon, and I will eat as many as I pick of the Sweet 100s! And, then I'll break out in a rash that looks like prickly heat from too much acid foods...

...BUT WHO CARES?! It's summer and you don't get to savor those sorts of scrumptious tastes for very long.

Who's with me?

Savor it all...SAVOR your life!

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly

31 comments:

Cindy said...

HOLLY, i hope all your wishes come true...savour it all, savour life.take Cinner

xxx said...

i want to savour this opportunity to leave a comment :-) oooh what a treat!!

wishing you all the wonders that summer has to offer.

best wishes
Ribbon

Jamie said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

It sounds so delicious! My mouth is watering for those summer wonders. Enjoy!

Peaceole said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Anonymous said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Yeah baby!! Summer garden veggies...same here!
Go girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Holly! Savor every moment that you can! No one knows that better than people in our business. Love you!!
Ronda

Life With Dogs said...

Having spent a few years in Maryland, you had me at Old Bay. As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

At lunch time, I may also wish for myself!

Janet said...

I'm with you! Made my mouth water just to read your post. and sweet 100's! Yummmmmyyyy!

That which you wish for, I wish for you also.

Peaches said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also ... as it is spot on!

I'm Grace said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Oh, all my favorite fruits. Enjoy them Holly!

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Holly wishes for herself, I wish for her also!:)
Scootch over I'm gonna spit seeds and devour sun warmed sweet 100's right off the vine with you!! I bet I can find you a shaved ice right here in town. Beer is already chillin'. Wonderful post hon, Sarah

Anonymous said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Your wish sounds divine Holly!!

Jane said...

Holly, that all sound DELICIOUS!

As Hollu wishes for herself, I wish for her also!

Melinda said...

as Holly wishes for herself..I wish for her also!

ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Fresh picked sweet corn and tomatoes from the garden is the best summer supper ever! I hope your wishes come true xo

Toni said...

as you (& your palette) wish, so I totally wish for you but you MUST share the crabs. Those are what I would ask for as my last meal; those are what I order every year for our anniversary dinner ... and yes, having grown up in Maryland, I do remember HOW FRICKIN' WONDROUS THEY ARE!!! (also, having watched, with Double BB, a couple episodes of that show about the fishermen who DO the crabbing and what it involves, I triply, quadruply appreciate what it took to bring the delicacy to my butter-smeared lips!)

savoring ... well, I have a few ideas about that. i'm glad I read you EARLY in the day -- reminded me, today, of Wishcast Wednesday, which still isn't automatic in my brain yet!

and corn, straight out of the garden, warmed by the sun, straight down the hatch?!! I do that with sweet corn I get at farmer's markets ...

Sara said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Lovely wish... we have very similar wishes today.

sema said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Holly,I would love to join you savoring the summer treats.I could get my indian sweets for you to relish along.
blesings
sema

CP said...

As Holly wishes to Savor Life and the beautiful life that comes with summer (beer and crabs mmmmmmm ;) So I also wish for Holly!

Bleeding Heart said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I am hungry now! LOL!

Judi said...

HA! Got me remembering steamed clams and lobster dipped in butter (REAL butter) and corn on the cob and the whole clan with dashing kids and smiling adults .... Oh Summer in Maine!!

As Holly wishes for herself, so I also wish for her.

Blessed Be

OH - For a word about Wild Bill Hagy and Chessie - Crack the Sky -
Berger’s cookies and snowballs ... chect out:
http://www.citypaper.com/bob/story.asp?id=8153

Jen said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I am SOOOOOOO with you on this and loved the response to my blog as well!~

Melons, tomatoes, corn...Ahhhhh!! Summertime!~

Lisa said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Yep! Very savoury indeed!

Budrow Wilson Spain said...

Last year my mommy taught me how to pick the tomatoes, and wild black berries right off the bush! I sure do love fresh fruits and veggies! Unfortunately this year she planted them out of my reach. I guess she is still a little made that I ate everything and left nothing for her.

beth said...

I'm a great seed spitter....
what a fun contest that would be...
bloggers-on your mark, get set, spit !

or we could just sit and eat corn on the cob washed down by pomegranate flavored mikes hard lemonade..

you know, come summer time...I'm up for anything !

Lori-Lyn said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Yes!

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

Savor life indeed! PS I loved your advice on Beth's blog! ;) I just had to see the lady behind the words, what a lovely blog you have here! I will be back for more:)
Shell

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Lots of summer garden savoring wishes fulfilled to you! :)

Kim said...

I wish this for you, Holly.

linda may said...

Oh Yum! especially the fruits of summer, melons.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

As Holly wishes for herself I so wish for her as well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings