Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday


Another week has rolled by and it's time to wish again. Today, Jamie asks, "What do you wish for your body?" Wow, you just can't know how timely this one is, dear reader.

Is there a woman in the world who doesn't wish her body was different somehow? Doesn't immediately list the flaws? Is more at home with what she doesn't like than she's able to articulate what she finds pleasing about herself? More of this- less of that. Straight hair if hers is curly. Curls, if her hair is board straight.

Long legs when you're short. Short legs when you're tall enough to stand out in a crowd.

Blond, because they have more fun when you're a brunette. Raven colored tresses when you think your flaxen hair looks washed out and not very sexy.

How about skinny when you think you're fat? Or a few more pounds that might make you look curvy when you're all angles?

Or a reasonably priced breast reduction when you're sick of dragging those 'girls' around and watching men talk to them all the time instead to your face? While another woman is saving everything she can hoard to have breast augmentation done so she feels more like a woman and less like a pre-pubescent girl.

And, then there are women who are desperate for a body that isn't working against them...trying to quit on them when they so desperately want to live. Women who are fighting cancer, HIV, Lupus, M.S. Women who wish their bodies would miraculously heal so they can be here longer for those they care for and about.

So, here's my wish for today...what I wish for my body is PEACE! I wish to learn to love myself just as I am right now this very minute! Accept it. Be all right with it. Learn to respect it for all that it does for me without question.

I finally understand that I can't change anything effectively when I don't like it and accept it. If I don't care about it or respect it, why invest the energy? Short answer: I won't!

So, before I go attempting quantum leaps yet again, away from my current state of being, zeroing in on what I hate and want to change...how about I start by looking at the me I am right now and learn not to cringe at what I see? How about I learn to smile about it, maybe sigh a bit, and stop taking the fiction of my flaws as gospel.

Even before this great wish, I had started a campaign to be at peace with who I am right now and be in love with it so I can happily and willingly begin the hard work to make myself more healthy, well, and happy. Hard work done with joy is so much more likely to succeed.

My wish for all women, (and I include men in on this important wish because they too have their internal struggles with body image,) in the world, while they can, is to learn to be at peace with their bodies. Just as they are in this very moment, they are perfect. We are children of The Universe. Dance with that knowledge and begin to love the moves that your glorious body provides.

Now, for me? On to better days with love in my eyes for this body of mine. With my thanks and best wishes. I have a lot of work to do on me- for me. And, with joy I say, "That's just fine!" Wish me luck.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you Holly!

As Holly wishes for herself, so I loving wish for her also!

Cam said...

I was reminded of this need for peace and balance earlier.

See...

I like ice cream, Holly.

That doesn't make me a bad person. I eat it in moderation, also. I don't eat too much at a time, or too often.

Only cause...it would kill me. It makes me violently ill. I just can't do dairy like I used to. I drink soy milk, and rarely eat any other dairy products. But, it seems like just enough time passes and I forget about how much it sucks to be sick, and I buy some and eat it.

Like today.
And tonite, I paid dearly for it.

So, may we all find the peace and love and respect and kindness for our bodies...

Hybrid J said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. :)

Peaches said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Yes.
Cam...tofu ice cream!

Unknown said...

I wish your wish to be true!

I have recently (after years and years) started to accept more and more. My body is what it is. There is so much more....

Genie Sea said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with goo intention wish for her also!

May peace wash over your body, and a love deep, so that you and your body may step put into a brighter, healthier future. :)

Lori-Lyn said...

Oh, I love this wish!
As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Life With Dogs said...

A wish that must come true! So as Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Now I'm off to the full length mirror to finish my to do list.

sam brightwell said...

Great thoughts Holly ~ I'm completely with you on this one.

As the gorgeous, delicious Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I try to remind myself that my Body is the temple of my Soul in this 3rd-dimensional incarnation, not a war zone over dress sizes, calories and kilos.

And people 'read' you the way you 'write' yourself, as I'm sure you know. So if I put out the vibration that I think I'm beautiful and sexy, that's what other people are going to read, right? Hopefully. Most of the time. Ha ha ha. Still trying to believe it.

Love & Blessings.

Jamie said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

May you and your body find peace and love together :) What a beautiful relationship that will be.

beth said...

oh holly....you said that perfectly !!
women are so hard on themselves and you're right...we just need to be happy with who we are and what we've got...

YET....any girls conversation will go that direction at some point...."I wish my butt would hike it's way back up a little and get off the back of my legs"

so I'm taking your advice today....and I just wrapped it up and put it in my pocket in case I need to be reminded of it later when I stroll by a mirror and start shaking my head....

Kim said...

This is a great post :)

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Kim x

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I loving wish for her also!
Yes....yes....yes..to be at peace with it all!! Beautifully said my dear!! Pretty much said it all!!
Hugs, Sarah

Eileen said...

Holly ... I often think about the little things that drove Charlie crazy about his own "image" ... you are so right, men share this, they just don't talk about it endlessly like we do ... (nothing new there!)... but now it is not the individual parts of him that come to mind, but the whole of him ... how big he lived and loved ... his dry humor ... his generosity ... his devotion to family.

So I try to live each day happy with the body that keeps me here with my loved ones ... reminding myself that it is my love they'll remember not these thighs!!!

There are so many qualities that you possess Holly that your family and the friends who have grown to love you and will always remember you for ... the bravery of you ... the devotion to the expression of "the words" we all need to hear ... your humor ... the love and generosity for others, and all of your other gifts. So I wish for you the peace you are in search of finding!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I, Carmen wish for her also!

Pamela said...

I love your wish, Holly! We need to love our bodies and ourselves for any change to be effective. Thank you for the reminder.

Thank you also for you kind words and advice regarding my wish. I will definitely try your suggestion. :)

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Anonymous said...

At fifty years old, I still have nice-sized breasts, a rounded butt, and long legs. Of course, they have all sagged and bagged on me! LOL. I don't really obsess over my body, just wish some of the parts worked like they used to. I'm discovering menopause at this stage of my life. My mother's generation never talked about things like that, so I'm constantly being surprised by symptoms as they crop up. Wildly Cam gets her love of ice cream from me...the higher the fat content, the better I like it, so I have to pace myself.

Toni said...

Yep. Acceptance. Gratitude for what it's done for me, this bod, all these years. Strangely enuf, just this morning I had my gams stretched out in front of me, here at work, and told them how lovely I thought they are for an almost-50 wench. So I've got that peace thang going on today, anyway!

And YOU, my bodacious, round Queen! I know you want to be healthy and I'm all for that, but you're a bonzer lass as is, anyway!

Bleeding Heart said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I loving wish for her also!

Judi said...

Oh my goodness - Queen of the Universe indeed - you nailed it perfectly. You gotta love those moments of great incite.

As Holly wishes for herself, so I also wish for her.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Such a truly beauteous wish!

As Holly wishes for herself and everyone else, so I wish for her-and everyone else-as well....

Jen said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

May you walk in Peace with your Beautiful Body, Your Mind and Your Spirit!~

LissaL said...

I'm all for Peace! and maybe a piece of candy to go with it! Life is SWEET:)

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

joyce said...

Oh boy..total acceptance of our bodies...that's a tough one!

sema said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Unknown said...

when are you broads gonna realize what real men want is someone they can do the old bump and grind with on short-term basis....so they can go back to repairing the fence, car, plumbing, bicycles,etc. Those of us who "get it" got the 'aging thing' a long time ago and don't really care aboot all the bags and sags cuz you're warmer and more fuzzy than the first night we had ya.....annnnnd I'd rather be in the shower, like last nite with Suz, laughing my head off becuz I cain't see my penis anymore no matter how hard I suck that gut in than worrying about how age is doing its thing to your beauty....

Holly said...

My Dearest Wolf:
Now THAT made me laugh! Thank you for interjecting the male energy into this session! It is so needed to give us a reality check. And, I no longer want to be sexy...I want to be healthy and whole. Which, when that's afoot is shear magick and is sexy, no?

Unknown said...

the sexiest thing a woman can do to shake my chakras....is just be herself.... I know some awful sexy fat chicks and some bean poles who get my saliva rollin' too. I've heard men say stuff like, "yeah..she was lookin' pretty hot till she opened her mouth." many times over the years....and most were genuine expressions of disgust with the self-effacing attitudes.

Unknown said...

As Holly wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
You nailed it! Most women do focus on what they want to change instead of relishing on the beauty that is.
I agree with you, I Choose PEACE!

Rose said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

I am so with you on this, as I am sure you can understand...

Sara said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

May you be at peace with your body, as it is. And may your body feel this peace and be lifted by it.

xx

Rebekah said...

What a wonderful post to read, Holly! You are so right!

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! :D

Joanna Jenkins said...

That's a petty big wish but I'm with you!
As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
xo

Tori said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

I don't think it's possible for a woman in the day and age to not want something different for their body. I love your wish, though. Peace for your body is a wonderful idea.

Ana said...

I feel the same way - have always been at peace with my body, as I cherish the creation of nature on earth. I've never felt to change any part of my body, because I've never been an external person. It's good to know that there are others out there who appreciate all of their human being in life force. Peace to you.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. :)

May you and your body connect with peace.
:)

Anonymous said...

as holly wishes, i wish for her also

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings