Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday


So today on this drippy gray day, Jamie asks, "What is your wish for June?" The entire month? I can't even get through a day without random thoughts all over the place. Wow, tall order...

Then, just like that, my father popped into my head. The King. My adored Pop. I miss you, Dad. And, my next thoughts immediately ran to Michael's father, Carroll, who is in a tough battle with illness at this time. A wonderful man that I've grown to love very quickly and am very worried about.

And, I have my wish...

My wish for June is that all men are thanked and reminded of their importance as our fathers, our teachers, our guides, our mentors. Men like My Lion whose Self definition holds "Father" as a major part. Who is there for his two children in ways that can't be counted. A man who makes me proud in his efforts to be father, friend, Man to everyone.

For all men who have held up their end of the bargain of guiding young spirits through the challenges of life. For all who were there to pick us up and brush us off. For all who made us feel protected as we took our first tottering steps toward independence. For all who dried our tears when our life experiments didn't turn out the way we hoped.

For all men who are there to share our laughter, and cause a great deal of it through their antics and sense of humor.

For men who are still fathers even when they don't have children of their own.

For those who make the world better by being good spouses, life-partners, passionate lovers, neighbors, friends, pastors, teachers, professionals...

For the spirit of the Green Man present in good men who care about our animals and nature. Who understand that they share the future of the natural world with all. And understand that they must give their best to make it come about.

Who give without expectation of return. Who are grounded by friendships. Are Allies. Comrades. Warriors. Brave Hearts. For those who understand that their word is their bond.

Part of my wish is that those who have fathered children...brought them forth into this world...those who have not yet stepped up to that responsibility... that they find it in themselves to develop the fortitude and courage to take on the responsibility. To learn to BE THERE.

Last, for all females, to learn to honor and respect the energy of the divine male in their spirit. To learn to bring both their male and female energies into balance and harmony so that the world feels in balance, right, just...and wonderful.

I wish a month of Happy Fathers Days to all of us. May June give us the inspiration to, "Man Up!" To honor and do. And, may it carry through the year.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka Jimmy's Daughter aka Michael's Wife

25 comments:

Life With Dogs said...

A perfect tribute for this month, and well said as always Holly. In fact, you just made a lot of greeting cards look pretty inadequate!

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Holly wishes, I wish for her also!!
Oh hon - what an amazing wish. So beautifully put and soooooo deeplt true. That we may all remember how amazing our men are!! Namaste dear Holly, Sarah

Eileen said...

Here's to my Dad, your Dad, the Dads of the world ... those still with us and those who are guiding from beyond. The world needs the masculine "mojo" (your word of yesterday) to keep things in balance and a wise woman knows and appreciates that!!! Yours is a fine tribute!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wish, Holly! I'm currently pondering the best way I can show my husband what he means to me and the girls for Father's Day. I'm also reminded that I should do a better job at showing him every day. Here's to 'em all!

Toni said...

amen to that ... I'm not and never want to be a man-basher ... there is SO much of the amazing in the majority of fellas ...

Bleeding Heart said...

As Holly wishes, I wish for her also. Great wish for the month of June!

Sara said...

As Holly wishes, so I wish also. What a wonderful wish. And very true.

Barbara/myth maker said...

A beautiful and poignant wish. Made me think of my dad who is gone 18 years this year. He was the epitome of what one would hope for in a Dad.

As Holly wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

Anonymous said...

As Holly wishes, I wish for her also!!

CP said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for Holly also!

Suzie Ridler said...

As Holly wishes, I wish for her also.

What a beautiful way to honour men, that's lovely.

Cam said...

Perfect wish for June, Holly! Dylan's birthday always falls right around Father's Day, so I get the opportunity to really celebrate the men in my life!

I wish this for the men everywhere also!

beth said...

I was just thinking about "words" for father's day and what my post might look like this year...

one thing for sure...the older my dad gets, the tighter he hugs when we say good-bye !

sam brightwell said...

Nice choice of wish, Holly. Something for the guys, and the gals. I do wish for us all to find balance and wholeness, in ourselves and together.

As Holly wishes for herself (for us all), I wish for her also.

Love & Blessings.

Unknown said...

As Holly wishes for herself, I wish for her also!! You are sweet to acknowledge the Dad's and I agree!
oh, and thank you for your compliments on my jewelry~

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

As Holly wishes, I, Carmen wish for her also!!
Hooray for Wednesdays!

Jamie said...

As Holly wishes, so I wish also.

What a profound celebration of the masculine, Holly. Beautifully written, lovingly expressed.

Peaches said...

As Holly wishes, I wish for her also.
Beautifully said. Makes me remember that most of you out there love their fathers. I do love my son and hope he will be a great father one day.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

This is an amazing post.

As Holly wishes for herself and for all the rest of us, I so wish for everyone as well....

mel said...

Another wonderful post...

My dad is my hero and always will be.....you've made me resolve to make sure that he knows this EVERY day....

As Holly wishes for herself - although this wish is for all of us - I Joyously wish for her also...(I'm a wish-crasher...having not actually participated....:)

~much love~

frustrated artist said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. What a wonderful ode to men and fathers.

Lori-Lyn said...

As Holly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Beautiful.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Perfection! Thanks for another terrific post. I love your writing. Happy June.

Genie Sea said...

How absolutely touching! I sometimes need to remember to have tissues nearby when I read your posts! :)

As Holly wishes for the Men in this world, so I loving wish for them also! :)

May all the Men who stand up to be counted be celebrated and all those who don't see the light.

I will also throw in a selfish wish... :) May one of those amazing men find me :)

Anonymous said...

That was very nice Holly, got me a little teary eye for I do miss my dad as well as my father-in-law and brother-in-law...all gone too soon.
My wish is to bring home all the sons who are lost, fighting for our country, troubled or there like. Father's Day will be here soon and who better to thank for our blessings then GOD himself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings