Thursday, June 4, 2009

To Chase The Gray Away

It's steel gray here today. And wet. Very, very wet. Cool, almost cold for this time of year. Hello, Mother? Umm, it's June, sweetie... What's up with the temps? My ear is still troubling me from the infection I brought home from the cruise...and the flying. I'm most likely going to have to see an E.N.T. to learn if I have damage to the ear from flying with an ear infection. Sigh.

But, I didn't know the ear was infected, and what is one supposed to do? Not go home? Umm, that wasn't an option. So here I sit, in the cold and the damp with an ear that belongs to someone else instead of my outstandingly accurate ears. SIGH.

So, I admit I have nothing today; it's hard to think when your ear keeps interupting. Nothing, except a few pictures more to share from the sunny days and a part of the world that makes it easy to say, "Ohhhhh!" I hope they brighten your day.

A part of the world where this color would insist that you feel you are sitting in the sunshine even if it wasn't always sunny just outside the door...

Where thirty mazillion, (yes that's a real number in Holly Land where I reign supreme,) co-exist and make any subject matter worthy of a look...

Where stark white of sea-foam against cerulean blue makes the world a fascinating shot over the bow...

Where gold and green combine to bring a spot of refreshment...and a stand-out moment where you really think you might, could just might, be able to find a home there...

Where you know for certain you can find your favorite color everywhere and in more forms than you thought possible...

Where colors of paint on buildings makes the most mundane worth capturing to take home...

And blossoms cascade on small side streets blocking the walk ways, but who cares?

And, this guy? Gray perhaps, but he raised his head in salute while I was standing there admiring him, and I wanted to remember one of the friendly locals who gave me such a wondrous time.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly

18 comments:

Eileen said...

Holly, B'more shares the weather with you in PA today ... so it was once again a treat to travel with you back to your days of fun in the sun ... in my dreams I live there and it feels so right, I must of done so in another lifetime.

Hope your ear heals quickly ... maybe the thing to do for now is to concentrate on all of your other senses for now. So here's to seeing, feeling, smelling and tasting! Sounds like a trip to the produce stand out on a country road would fit the bill!

Cam said...

It's overcast here in the south, too! Perfect day for the kiddos to lounge around, watch some movies, and eat some popcorn!

A question of two from your gypsy girl, do many Americans live there? What is life like there? Is a vacation there very pricey, if we flew in instead of taking a cruise? Just some curiosities...

Get yourself to the doctor! I hope they can straighten you out soon. Seems like it should have healed on its own by now... Time for some Western (blech) Medicine to intervene...

Life With Dogs said...

Feel better soon Holly - I know this tour brightened my morning. I've always been a turtle fan, so you closed on a perfect note!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place...do you ever think GOD put these places in our reach to remind us how lucky we are to be alive. There are so many places like this and right now, I'm wishing I was at one of those places...Baltimore is gray as well though I welcome the rain, I've been transplanting at home and the rain will do all my plants good. And, the vegetable garden is thriving and we are hoping for home grown tomatoes by 4th of July.

Take care of your ear.

Anonymous said...

It's gray here in KY, too. Don't ever feel that you have nothing to offer. Once again, your words and pictures have lifted my spirits. I hope you heal and feel better soon. Wish I knew of a good home remedy to pass along to ease your pain and discomfort, but it sounds like you need a doctor. Take care of yourself, dear.

I'm Grace said...

Feel better soon Holly. Thank you for the lovely pictures, they brightened my day, it is overcast here too.

Holly said...

Wow, considering how far apart we all live, it would seem that the entire country is under a blanket of gray. I suppose we should all go back to bed and take a nap. Last one, don't forget to turn out the light.

Cam, in the far islands, I don't know how many ex-pats there might be. In St. Croix, quite a lot since it's a U.S. territory. I think flying to any of them may be reasonable because the tourist industry is hurting like most.

But, I have to say, with Dylan and the two of you? Cruising may turn out to be the most economical thing in the world. Your room floats along with you; there's tons of activities for children, and you and Berg can enjoy some quality time. I can't believe I'm saying this, because I really didn't like my first cruise, but after this last experience, I'd highly recommend it.

Oh, and there are deals to be had from the cruise lines for the reasons I already sited.

For me? Most of the islands were a slice of paradise, but I'm a mere mortal so don't think I could live there. But, visiting often and regularly? That would be bliss.

Sarah Sullivan said...

So sorry hon - am sooo with you - am just finishing antibiotics for the tooth thing! Sending hugs and sunny weather your way!!
I do love all of your pictures - they always make me feel like I have had a little trip!!
Hugs, Sarah

beth said...

I hope your ear figures out what's going on soon and says "oops, wrong place to be" and leaves you alone !!

and miss holly....you and your photos...WOW....how did you ever live without your sweet little camera and lots of photos for your blog ?...hee hee

and that crap you're having now...it will be here saturday and hang for 5 days here....ARRGHHHH !

I'm not sure mother nature has her "game on" yet as far as us believing it's summer !

Joanna Jenkins said...

Jeez, it's gray and rainy in Los Angels too!

I love to cruise and the opportunity to see so many different places along the way (and only having to unpack once!).

Your pictures are terrific and so is the commentary to go with them. The "turtle salute" was priceless.

Hope your ear is better. That's no fun.

Thanks for your kinds words on my blog. Yes, I think the two of us would have a BLAST together!

Sarah Sullivan said...

BTW..forgot to tell you in the email. I am giving a special award this week... you will be one I give it to...so keep and eye out it will be flying your way.....

joyce said...

Hoping your ear gets better quickly, and that there's no damage. Ear pain just makes you downright miserable, doesn't it? Love your holiday pics, but the best thing in your blog today was the word "mazillion"...love it!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

In my part of Colorado, sunny this morning, gray this afternoon.

Sorry you aren't feeling well, get better soon.

Love the pictures; they brightened my day.

LionKing said...

On such a day, when you have nothing to say, you say it better than anyone I know...

smooch

Lilly said...

They are beautiful images - looks a gorgeous place. Hope your ear heals quickly and the sun shines again soon.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Ok - I have left you a special award on my blog please come and honor me by accepting it!
Hugs, Sarah

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

"Ears' to a speedy kicking-in-the-teeth of the hear-ache, Lady!lol
Seriously...Listen WITHIN.. and chase the gray OUT...

Peace and Blessings...

The Bird's Staff said...

Seems as though you have been sick since I have known you! Come to think of it---YOU HAVE! I would like to know you as your healthy self, watch out world!! Your humor resounds despite your problems, anyone who can write the way you do with an ear ache rises to the top in my book. When you get to that ENT's office, MAKE THEM FIX YOU!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings