Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Worry Visits Here


Without being able to describe all the hurting bits and shards of thought-

Only knowing that something dreadfully sad is moving toward us,

Realizing that there is nothing I can do to fend it off or send it away;

Ranting and crying is the only release I can find.

Your loving support, thought & prayers will be there to help. Please.

Today is a moment by moment day. Time to practice what I know to be true. I know you understand. Perhaps the end to the worrying comes through yielding. To it so through it? Not yielding to the worry, but bowing my head and whispering, "As You will."

T.S. Eliot said, "Thy will be done is a hardly, barely prayable prayer, costing not less than everything." This one I'm facing asks a very great deal of me; for some of those I love, it asks everything.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly

8 comments:

Mike said...

Nice acrostic there. And your post is so true.

Cindy said...

We all need to find strength within, we are not given anything we can not handle. Sometimes it is hard to se that though. Keep the faith, cinner

Toni said...

moment by moment is all that can be done, anyway, allow the moods, they balance & cleanse each other and help you keep some semblance of equilibrium. Let the universe hug you close.

Cam said...

Holding you in the love & light today, Holly.

My prayers & thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Your family are in my prayers.

sam brightwell said...

In my prayers, and absent healing, if you should choose to accept it.
Namaste, Bright One.

Eileen said...

"The assumption of spirituality is that always God is doing something before I know it. So the task is not to get God to do something I think needs to be done, but to become aware of what God is doing so that I can respond to it and participate and take delight in it." [Eugene Peterson]

This message really struck me … I’ve always had trouble with the idea we hear so often that we should pray to God to do something that we want. I could never reconcile that some people feel their prayers are answered, but so many more are left to wonder why their prayers were not. The prayer should be to trust that God is doing what will be and to be aware of that and then respond in a way that brings positive attitudes to our realities. Always pray to have the wisdom, strength and grace to help yourself and those you love live their lives with those same gifts as the story of life unfolds.

Anonymous said...

I just heard the word patience in the room here with me.
It is an uneasy feeling to realize your worry and even your actions may or may not change an outcome. You are in my thoughts all the same. I'll try not to worry. Pet

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings