Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not Long


Okay, I'd like to stay and chat longer with you, but I can't. I woke up late and have to jet to work. Why did I wake up late? Because for the 400th day in a row, the sun failed to post! Who can wake up when it's twilight all the time?!!!!! I hate this. I never thought I had seasonal affect disorder, but man, I might have to rethink that...

Seasonal Affect Disorder... S.A.D. You ain't kidding. That had to be some sort of joke, don't you think? We love to put labels on things. Give things lofty titles for the reasons why we can't do something, or have some sort of challenge to over come. Or, part of life that we simply hate. Or justify why we won't even try anymore.

S.A.D. Even if I have it, I'm not admitting to that one. On second thought I am sad. Sad about all the labeling we do that limits us as Human Beings. Labels that hold us back or from being and trying. Life is for living, not labeling! Don't be so quick to catagorize everything and everyone. Once you name it, you hold it fixed in one spot. Labels stick us to circumstances. We're supposed to be fluid and move along through our lives.

I'm going to have to go through the house and turn on all the lights before I'll label myself with S.A.D. I'll walk around with a flash light turned on my face before I give into S.A.D.

I'd much rather be diagnosed with G.R.A.N.D... Geared Ready And Naturally Driven. And, with that, I gotta go feel my way through the gloom of the morning to find what bright spots may be hiding in my day.

Seek and you shall find. Hope you find moments of sunshine in your day even if it isn't in the sky!

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Enlightening!!! G.R.A.N.D. Now that's H.Y.S.T.E.R.I.C.A.L.!
Holly
You
Sound
To
Eileen
Really
Into
Celebrating
All
Light

Holly, you light up my life and engage me with your everyday brilliance! You're a walking/talking S.A.D. therapy experience!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings