Friday, February 13, 2009

We Have An Airman Now


We all gathered in the clear blue to watch 798 of America's finest young men and women get their service coins. A moving sight. Watching the men and women being so brave and standing so tall. Watching the loved ones sardined on the stands. Listening to the National Anthem played by the Band Flight, Evan's flight. It was glorious.

Today, we watch the actual graduation ceremony. The one that is the final stamp of approval to this rigourous training. And, we know it will be as rewarding as yesterday. We will see where Evan has lived and learned. We'll meet his T.I. who actually said some of the things that we would find shocking.

Evan looks fabulous. In his element. Tall. Proud. And, now part of the most outstanding Air Force in the world. How far a person can travel in two months time!

When he handed me my parent's pin, I cried. So not what I expected. I am more grateful for that small piece of blue metal than I've been for most things I have ever received in my life. To be acknowledged as instrumental in such a huge life moment...

All of the Frocks are air borne once more; some of us with pride and one of us as a new Airman. All of us as a family. Congratulations, Evan. For hearing the call. For continuing the Frock family tradition into the wild blue yonder.

Off We Go!

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I am proud of all of you.
Eileen

Eileen said...

I get goose-bumps just imagining the whole experience ... reminds of attending each and every similar ceremony for my father, brothers, and nephews. There is just nothing like it in all the world. Congratulations to Airman Evan and to his very proud family. What a marvelous week you have had!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings