Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Miracle of You


Okay, part of following this blog is putting up with some of my emotional cooing, I know. But, when you look at this adorable face, don't you have to smile and give me some slack?

Olivia is one month old, as her very elaborate flyer explains! In her face I can see that magical blend of mother with father. And, I know that cherubic face will change back and forth for quite awhile. First she'll favor Eric, then one day she'll look like Laura. Eventually, she'll settle on her singular Olivia Grace face. Her face will become as dear and as loved as Eric's and Laura's. And for her parents who created her, her face will be one of the most special of all.

Isn't it a miracle when you consider that, of the millions of people in the world, there is only one of you? Just one. Others may look very similar to you. The way someone acts might recall you to someone, but there is only one You. You will never be replicated. Ever.

So, on days when you are down, and life isn't going as you want, try to drop back in a place of wonder. The spot that allows you to recall that you are the only one of you that will ever be. Take time to sit in that miracle. The miracle of you.

As for me and this blog, I hope you'll be patient as I share our Olivia's journey to her singularity. She's a beauty and a wonder. Just like you.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka, Great Aunt Hol

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Holly ... she is adorable and I love the way she is waving "Hi" to you! I certainly will have a pure understanding of your need to emote over dear Olivia Grace ... Simon Charles has me by the heart too and they are a wonderful reminder to plug into the wonder of it all!

Anonymous said...

Olivia is beautiful and I'm sure you can't wait to get your hands on her. On the day Carley was born and I held her when she was only a few hours old, I looked at her and saw my oldest son. I had to run home to get out the photo album of 27 years ago when I was holding my own son. What a miracle it was then and it was almost two years ago when Carley was born. She is my life now, my breath, my every step, when she walks through my front door and runs to her Nana and yells as loud as she can, Na. And then, she runs to the dog and yells, Rust. Of course, if Pop Pop was in the room, he would be first, I would be right before the dog.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings