Thursday, November 12, 2009

You Get To Decide

Oh, this world of ours...the mystery of it...the wonder of it...the complexity.

This world of ours where fear and uncertainty run wild and fill our days....

And monsters are real...

...who will do unspeakable, unimaginable things that now are so clearly imagined, burned into our collective consciousness.

This cold, harsh world of ours that seems to have less than what is needed. Where physical and emotional starvation is the way of existence for countless, nameless ones...

... and continues to stalk us, prey upon us through our lack of awareness, or indifference, or inability to make a change.

Where emotions like anger, rage, violence, fear, and distrust stomp unchecked through our days...

Escalating higher and louder, till all is a cyclone of noise and horror which becomes catastrophic.

This world is also the one where...

...lovers entwine. Where the thrill of a first deep kiss is burned into memory that saves the spirit during the dark night of the soul which tests and tempers us into beautiful creatures...

And, fairy tales do come true so long as you believe and do the necessary hard internal work of becoming open, ready, and deserving of the happily ever after.

This is the same world that breathlessly awaits the gift of new ones into our lives. Where the miracle of it all is felt over and over with each new tiny experience. Each new look. New laugh. New cry. New sound. When each new experience makes you halt in wonder as you consider you had absolutely no idea how much you could truly love and feel. But now you know and keep discovering there's no end to how much you can feel and hope to share.

This is the same world where puppies and animals can bring you to tears of hysterical laughing! And make you melt when you feel them curled, warm, next to you. Being part of who you are, not just what you have.

This cold hard world of ours full of conflict, war, starvation, and hate, and sadness, and fear, and destruction is also the fertile training ground to test and learn the truth of who we are and what we are made of; begin to own that Spirit's truth in our creation is that we are capable of so very much more than we think possible.

Where horror is turned into heroism through acts of love, honor, valor, service.

Where people learn the power of prayer and faith, love and hope, truth, laughter, joy.

Yes, this is the same world. The very same world in any given minute. On any day.

Which is the world you wish to support, nurture, and abide in? You get to decide.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka She Who Believes

19 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Beautiful touching tribute. And true, true, true. I have to say... this may just be my favorite post you've ever written. And your images are the magic punctuation.

Thank you so very much for letting us pause to remember.

I choose to live in the beautiful world with you!

beth said...

I choose a world filled with love, but there will still be hate. I choose a world filled with beauty, but the ugliness will remain....

we choose what we want, but what happens around us makes us feel powerless when we can't change the bad to good...no matter how hard we try.

this was a beautiful post in so many ways....

Jules said...

Thank you for this beautiful tribute of words and pictures to speak to what is on everyone's heart these days!

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Beautiful post and so much to reflect on. Those incongruities and seeming contradictions are what so much a part of what makes us human.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Thank you hon....I needed this today..it made me cry but I needed it! Love, Sarah

Diane said...

Very striking pictures! Powerful and thank you. :O)

Kyddryn said...

I love this beautiful world. All of it. Yep, even the dark places -the shadows give the light its brilliance.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Joanna Jenkins said...

I choose a world with love and hope and kindness. I choose a world with no hate and madness. I choose a world with good health, happiness, laughter and beauty.

I just everyone, in all corners of the world did too.

Fabulous post Holly with perfect images that touched my heart. You really ARE the Queen of the Universe.

Thank you my friend. You have inspired me greatly today.

xo

Diva Kreszl said...

Thank you for such an amazing post...I too choose the wolrld filled with love! The news always seems to dwell on all the evil when there is so much good around us as well.

Cindy said...

Holly this is a very strong message you send today. I choose peace and happiness and love, safety, Sometimes it is the small actions that can change someone to want the same. Lovely and powerful photos too. I am so glad I am able to get back here, you have no idea. much love, c

Alison said...

Your posts always make me stop and think - this one especially. It was beautiful - thank you. I choose a world full of love and hope, and despite the death of loved ones, I know that continuing to believe in that is my only choice. So my life is good. But for some it isn't, and that's the reality.....

joyce said...

You've kind of said what I wrote about in my post today...but stretched it out. I love that picture of the baby's foot in the mom's hands...actually, all your pictures fitted (is fitted a word?) your post perfectly.

Matty said...

This is one of your best. I choose the world of family, friends and love, laughter and hugs.

SCJ Jewelry Design said...

Very powerful message today. I choose to see the world as it is, with its love and joy, sadness and hate. I choose to repond to all of it with love. Well, actually, I'm human and sometimes I slip and fall short of that. But reponding with love is my goal.

Barbara said...

Wow, beautiful and so true. I loved this post, Holly. Thanks...xoxb

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Touching, worthy of thought, beautiful, honest, you spoke to my heart.

Big Pissy said...

Beautiful, thought provoking post.

Thank you so much, Holly, for being you.

xo

Pissy

sema said...

A beautiful post with a powerful message.

Genie Sea said...

An easy choice, and beautifully presented. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings