Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks & Blessings


Let's be grateful for those who give us happiness; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls bloom.
~ Marcel Proust


Normally as this is Wednesday, I would be casting my wishes with all of the Wishcasting Wednesday group. But, as this is the day before Thanksgiving, I hope you don't mind if I go a road less traveled. I want to take a minute to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving Day tomorrow, and to tell you how grateful I've been for so many things in this past year of living and blogging.

Mostly, I want to say thank you for being there. For the spirit of generosity you have extended to me. For the surprises and gifts and tokens of affection that have found their way to my front door. Pieces of you that you share now with me. For the moments when your writing has made me think...deeply consider...expand my notions of life and living. For being part of my journey here at Your Mother Knows to being a Real Human Being.

Thanks to those of you who have become friends and loved ones. Thanks for the energy you invest in running your own blog and/or being a visitor regularly to mine. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. Your creative spark. Your Muse's whisperings.

But, mostly and simply...thanks for being You.

Michael and I are off in a short while to go over the river and through the woods to Aunt Kat's home. We'll spend Thanksgiving with her and dine with my brother and family. We'll make time to visit and catch up with dearly loved friends. I'll spend some time with Laura painting a mural on Livy's bedroom wall. I'll take pictures to share with you if it turns out as I hope!

Rory & Fiona go with us because that's what Aunt Kat wants. And, as I have a feeling that I am running out of time with this last of my Aunts & Uncles, well, I want to make certain she has a good Thanksgiving and remembers that she is loved.

We received some outstanding news for which to be genuinely and deeply grateful; Dad Frock went to see the oncologist this week, who strongly believes the cancer is dead and in control. He's released Dad for the time being saying he'll see him in six months to make certain we are headed in the right direction.

And, here's where this comes back once again to all of you, for I am grateful to my core for all the prayers, good wishes, positive energy and feelings you have invested in him because I asked. Because I know the power of the collective move mountains and make love thrive when it seems all is lost. Dearly, I thank you. Michael and the Frocks do as well.

So, whatever you are doing tomorrow in your corner of the world, I hope you'll be able to feel me hugging you and smiling as you share your moments that make a holiday memory. I will be saying thanks and blessings tomorrow as I share my day with those I love.

When I come home, I think it time to share some things about me, my life, and this blog. It's really about wondering what I want to step into next...but we'll save that for another day.

For now, I wish you Bright Blessings for a day of thanks and love. You've certainly made that possible for me. Happy Thanksgiving, my friends and readers!

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka She Who Is Thankful

12 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Eileen said...

Holly, my dear friend ... I so loved this post today and I send all of my love and thanks right back to you. The news the Frock family has received about Carroll is just the best. Safe travels to you. I love and miss you and look forward to hearing more about your hopes and plans for the days to come.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh Holly!! What a wonderful post..You are without a doubt a huge blessing in my life my dear!! You friendship, love and guidance has been huge for me. The fact that you frequently make me blow coffee our my nose with laughing..girl ya owe me a new keyboard..LMAO!! Love you bunches..thank you for being you!! May your Thanksgiving be blessed! Hugs to the pups! Love, Sarah

Alison said...

Lots of love. xxx

Joanna Jenkins said...

So, I was trying before I got to the great news about Dad Frock! That is AWE-SOME. I am so happy for him and your family. I know it's a great feeling when you get the "Thumbs up I'll see you in 6 months!" from the docs.

And Miss Livy gets a mural!!!! How exciting . I KNOW it will be fabulous and filled with love since it's coming from you.

And all that stuff you said so beautifully about blogging friendships-- That really made me cry tears (real "wet" one too!) of joy. You are a bight light in the blog world and especially for this blogger. You know we're long lost sisters and I am truly blessed to call you my friend this Thanksgiving.

Safe travels to you and Michael. Enjoy the festivities and family.

Love you LOTS.
xoxoxoxo

Lisa said...

So glad I popped in here today to read the wonderful news about your father-in-law. Wonderful news for a wonderful family.

xo

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I hope you have a safe and happy time with your loved ones and your Scotties.

Lynn

Sara said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am very thankful for you my dear. xoxo

Cindy said...

Holly I am so glad about your father in law. what wonderful news. I hope you have a wonderful visit with all and that the mural turns out. I am grateful to have you in my life in blogland. yOU know that, but I can always tell you again. Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Genie Sea said...

I hope you're having a splendid holiday! I am thankful to have met you :)

Suzie said...

Holly, your post was beautiful, as it often is, and certainly gives one pause for thought.
The news about your Father In Law is absolutely fantastic, and certainly makes your holiday season even brighter! I'm SO happy for you all!!
I went back and read your post about your Aunt. She is one very special lady, obvious by all of the memories you have with her, and her continued interest in life! Oftentimes, when people reach that age, the become introverted, living within themselves and in the past. How exciting to have her sense of now, and to never quit in the delight of learning something new.
How wonderful that you could spend this Holiday with her. I'm sure that she enjoyed your company just as much! And especially since you took the dogs to visit too!
I'm so grateful that our Paths have crossed, Holly. Selfishly, I am thinking of all of the peace, laughter and deep thought that you have brought into my life.
And now I'm anxious to hear about your new horizons you have in your sights, and your plans for heading off in new directions.

Hugs!
Suzie

xxx said...

Thank you Holly xoxo

big love to you for a wonderful day and years ahead.

Great news about your father inlaw.

take care
thinking of you
x Ribbon

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings