Thursday, November 19, 2009

Prezzie For Me


See that adorable canvas on the wall that looks like an old post card with a Scottie on it? That was a surprise that came in the mail yesterday! For me. Just because.

And, it was sent all the way from the Deep South where my friend via the blog world, Nancy, aka Big Pissy lives. She runs an adorable blog that is like snippets from a great magazine you love to look at for the photography, the color, the points of interest, the spots around town. I met her when I was following another blog...and though that connection is not in place any longer, I think it was only in place to lead me to Nancy's blog. I visit with her and smile.

I can't really explain what it is that her blog makes me feel. But, here's the feeling it evokes- it's like coming into a rich, quiet, library, where you can sit and relax and look at anything you like for as long as you want to stay there. You can watch people come and go, and wonder about the books they check out. You can feel the quiet and peace and the joy of experiencing parts of the world that aren't your every day.

You'll like her. She's warm, and flip and funny and dear. She loves to go junking, and Trader Joe's, and Target and Ikea, and shopping in general. Window shopping, farmer market shopping, just walking about and seeing the sights. She's your best gal pal on a Saturday morning excursion to some new corner in town that you always wanted to visit but never found the time. And, I wish we lived closer.



So, just like any good Shopaneesta, she's always on the look out for fun things for her friends who have a particular passion for something...and can you believe she found this?! Bought it for me and sent it. Yep! Just because she thought I'd like it. But, she's wrong. I don't like it; I adore it!

Here's the thing; I've looked at and almost bought this piece of art for myself a couple of times and at the very last moment held off. I know, imagine me showing restraint! But, now I think it's because as much as I would have loved it had I bought it, it means so very much more to me that Nancy would find it and send it to me, just because she hoped I'd love it.

And, I most certainly do. Thank you Nancy. I wish I could really tell you how much it means to me, but somehow, I think you know already.

I love it. It's perfect. Very much like you. Don't argue with me about that. I know the goods when I see them!

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka She Who Is Blessed

8 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Oh! I LOVE Big Pissy.

She's like a sister.

A wise sage.

A good story around a campfire.

A naughty secret.

And a strict nun with a threatening ruler.

She is amazing. Thank you for showcasing her brilliance.

Yay!

Alison said...

I love that! And I must now check out Big Pissy. This Blogland is sooo exciting!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Big Pissy is wonderful. I don't remember how I found her blog but I knew I had to check anyone out with the name "Big Pissy". I love that!

And your new art is perfect for you! What a loving and sweet gift!

Blog friends rock!

xo

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh that is darling hon! So totally you!! Looove it!! I will go off and visit this southern wonder!! Just because..well..you told me to!! I do what you say..btw..am still chewing on your good advice!!
Love you, Sarah

Cindy said...

Holly what a wonderful gift for you.So appropriate. I will have to have a wonder over to see her blog. Hope you are well, Thanks for sharing about her blog. Glad you were okay in
that traffic. Take care. c

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Hi Holly,

That is so "you" and so "me". Such a darling piece of art work and like you I adore it too. It's so nice to get those little surprises in the mail. I know because it hasn't been too long since I got one from you and I smile every time I see it.

Have a great day.

Lynn

Big Pissy said...

Oh my goodness!

What a truly lovely post!

I'm just SO happy that you love the prezzie.

And it's true: every time I see anything Scottie related I think of you and your sweet pups.

I cannot tell you how much I've enjoyed becoming friends through blogging.

I wish we lived closer. Just think of the trouble we'd get into! ;-)

xo

p.s. Thanks for the sweet comments, girls! :)

Janet said...

so, so adorable! and I love the name Big Pissy, so i must check out her blog. xoxo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings