Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fall Sun Flowers

It's cooing time again! I am so in love with the holidays through the experiences of this Livy of ours...so please indulge me while I share her first Halloween with you all.

Laura loves sunflowers; I plant them every spring just so I can think of her and send love when I see them. And, her nature is exactly as you would think a sunflower's to be. Happy, sunny, generous, laughing, and supportive. Not sure if that's what attracts her to them, but they do share the same qualities. She's always liked them. So, when she dreams up a costume for her baby girl's first Halloween, what could be more appropriate?

Livy meets some of the neighbors for her first Fall fun, and shows off in style. That goose is just too much to resist.

Grammy LAMmy looks as if she's found her all time favorite sunflower just ripe for the hugging and the squeezing!

And, what sunflower wouldn't pick up all sorts of treats with a smile that big and wheels that stylin'? So going to have candy for a year, I can just feel it!

On the cloudy gray days that are sure to be part of my world as the season shifts again, this is the sunny flower I'll keep close to remember that even when the sky is gray, far above the clouds, waits the sun to smile and shine.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka Great Aunt Holly

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's just so adorable!!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Just a great big huge "aaaahhhhhh" factor here. She is just precious beyond words and I love her costume. Thanks so much for sharing. Made my day!

Matty said...

She's a little doll. How appropriate that she loves sunflowers. They compliment her bright smile.

Barbara said...

OMG, she's Gorgeous!!! And the sunflower!! I totally am with you on this, Holly. Isn't it fun?? Post away! I love seeing the babies!

Eileen said...

She's a doll and I know she's truly brought the "light" into everyone's lives! Thank you for sharing these.

joyce said...

What an adorable costume for an equally adorable girl! Your neice did a great job on it...I love the vines painted on the sleepers. A perfect idea. Baby clothes are just Halloween costumes waiting to be made aren't they? I made Jeremy's blue fluffy winter coat into a bunny costume for his first one.

jkc said...

I can't think that I have seen a more adorable child in a more adorable costume...and I used to hand out treats to 600 children at the theater on Halloween. Thank you for sharing!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What a cutie!!

Lynn

Robin said...

That is such a sweet costume. Did she come up with it herself or buy it?

Joanna Jenkins said...

That is the all time greatest Halloween costume and cutest baby I've eve seen.

I bet she scored big time in the Halloween candy department. In fact, if she came to my door, I'd have given her the entire basket of goodies just to have her stay and hang out with me a little longer.

:-)

Thanks for sharing.
xo

xxx said...

Beautiful Holly :)

I love sunflowers too...

love to you
Ribbon xoxo

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

She should get a prize for having the best costume ever!!!!The baby is the sweetest too. I hope you don't mind if I steal the sunflower idea...I'm gonna store it in my head and pitch it to my daughter...who doesn't have kids yet but is trying...as a perfect idea for a baby Halloween costume...and you know I have my fingers crossed that my first grandchild will be a girl...

beth said...

that's the sweetest and best outfit EVER !

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

That's the cutest sunflower I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

That has got to be one of the cutest outfits I have ever seen on a baby. Oh she is just too cute for words.

Much love to you and yours!

SCJ Jewelry Design said...

Brought a big smile to my face! What a little gem she is :)

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

Her costume is amazing and very very appropriate! Her mommy loves sunflowers so much that she gave birth to one! You know what this means don't you Holly? Yes, I'm going to have to post pictures of the Bean in his Halloween costume!

clairedulalune said...

Oh Holly, isn't she beautiful? What a wonderful halloween custome for Livy, spendid! Oh, this post made me smile today! Thank you!

Sarah Sullivan said...

OMG OMG OMG I just want to pick her up and give her a snuggle..what a cutie pie!! The costume..wonderful!! Sweet little flower!! Hugs to you hon!
Love, Sarah

Janet said...

just can't help but smile looking at those photos!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings