Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Life With A Lion

While it doesn't happen very often, for which I am grateful, there are times when My Lion and I can get heated with each other.  We have our disagreements that escalate into snarls, but generally we see eye to eye and live very companionably.


Not that on occasion, when he might be having a relatively frustrating day, I haven't had to ask a passer-by if they aren't willing to roll his lips back so I can pull my head out of his mouth.


But mostly, with a bit of returning to our corners, allowing both of us to cool our jets, we get to a place where the roaring becomes a discussion and we have the chance to hear each other out.

And peace returns to The Kingdom once again. Why?  Because he is my mate, my beloved, My Lion. A man of conviction and quality.  A man I can look up to and place my trust safely.


But mostly peace returns because I am a smart woman who understands that a lion has to be the King of his jungle. He has to prowl. Must snarl on occasion. And, I know just the right places to scratch and love. He is My Lion. And, I am blessed, even on those occasions when my head is all wet from lion spit.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka A Lion Tamer

2 comments:

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Thats o-tay...
as you most certainly
know ol Buckweet sed.

Follow us on the journey Upstairs.

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Actually, dear, our Mother Mary
is the Queen of the Universe.
True, true, you'll have immortality
when you perish... yet, following
her. God bless you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings