Saturday, April 25, 2009

There's Always Something

I always feel as though I rush the seasons...I'm so impatient. I go out in my sleepy gardens and hope to find things of beauty...but I think I need to be reasonable...it's still so early.

I poke about and sigh...

Because on immediate surveillance, I'm correct...too early...nothing much going on.

But, bending to clear some leaves, I am gifted with this...

A feather from one of the many doves that come to sit on the garden wall and coo their song...

Further along, in a protected corner that has gathered some blowing debris, I find this reminder of last summer...when the beauty of the gardens is so easy to spot...

Flowers from my English lavender...remarkably still purple enough to feel fresh and wonderful. To remind me that soon I will smell my favorite fragrance...I just need to be patient a bit longer.

And, then a treasure where none should be, in the grass near the beds I bend to find this jewel...

I hear the robins scolding close by and I ask, "You left this in the grass, mother bird? Are you sure?" "Just for you," she chirps back, "I'll make plenty more. Happy Spring."

It reminds me that in every situation and in every person, there's always something. Something worth considering. Something worth keeping. Something worth cherishing. Though, I may have to look very close to find it. Or dig deep to uncover it... there's always something.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly

6 comments:

Bleeding Heart said...

It appears that our minds are very Insync with one another..I just wrote an aricle that I mentioned the living creatures in our yard.

You have a beautiful blog and I love your pictures :)

beth said...

oh holly...see,I knew you and your camera would have a love fest working together and I think that relationship is only going to get stronger !!!

tell your hubby to be careful...he might start feeling left out a little...hee hee

and ummm, that other comment...ummm, see that last line??...."love your pictures"....LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.....HOLLY WITH A CAMERA!!

Cindy said...

Loved it especially finding the robin egg, and what color....I arose this morning wanting to get outside but was met by snow once again....oh and meant to tell you how much I liked your pond in the corner of your yard. Hopefully soon we can both get into our gardens. Have a great weekend Holly. Take Care

ELK said...

so lucky ...such magical nature to find!
...
elk

sema said...

beautiful message to read in the morning

blessing in abundance
sema

mel said...

I am very much the same way...I often need to remind myself that I musn't try to rush the seasons....you described exactly what I've been doing these last weeks! I'm just so DESPERATE for spring....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings