Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Advanced Intelligence

It's started; big time it's started. It's most obvious in the political races that are now going on. And, just today, the car in front of me had a bumper sticker that read, "2012, The End of An Error".

You all know me enough by now to know that I found it clever because of the play on words. And, maybe or maybe not, my political views might mirror the sentiment. But, just so you know, my political views are not up for debate in this particular posting. Neither are yours. For now, let's all agree to disagree if that's the case. Or clap our arms around each other if that's our shared view.

But, here's what I will say about that bumper sticker and these political races, and ultimately on the election later this year: Please, please, please do not say around me, "I knew better all along!" Because either side of the equation, regardless of the outcome can be smug and say such utter nonsense.

The truth is: You don't know better. I don't know better. None of us truly knows better.

The best we can say is that we know different...or more correctly, differently. It's all subjective and a matter of opinion and most often, Group Think. We tend to gravitate to those who share our thinking and opinions. It's only Human nature to do so. But, being one of the group doesn't give you advanced intelligence or any other super power. So don't be so smug. Stop it. Just stop it.

I don't know better about anything; neither do you. I just know different; so do you. And, that I can live with and so can you.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka She Who Open To Discussion

3 comments:

Sara said...

Well said Holly... as always.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I dread this political season. It's gotten to be more like a soap opera than chosing a leader of the free world. Ex wives, affairs, hidden $$, who owes who what, etc. Good heavens! On the other hand, they sound like my children when they were 5 and 6 years old. "He did this, she did that. No I didn't. Yes you did.

I say "A big Time out" for all of them.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I can live with it too. What I can't live with are the endless hateful campaign advertisements and news sound bites... which is why I will watch very little television this year.
Well said, Holly.
xo jj

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings