Saturday, November 1, 2008

Odz & Enz


This will be a short entry...mostly because I can't think of much to say. There are chores that need doing that I keep putting off. Nothing major, just no motivation to dig in and get done. But, the gardens need to be put to bed and my fun garden thingies need to be stored before the cold cracks and breaks them. So, I'm off to get started.

Two bits of homework for you today- first, when you sign on to read things here, make sure you take a moment to look at the comments which I really appreciate reading. You will, too. I can bet as the blog goes on, there will be times when the comments will be more compelling than what I post. And, as I said when I started, I need to know what you think, what's of interest, and get ideas from what you share. So, read what others say when you're visiting. Besides using this blog as an exercise to stretch my brain, I'm also hoping to build community with it. Invite your friends who might find this interesting to join us.

Next, make sure you turn your clocks back an hour tonight. You get an extra hour of sleep- always a good thing! We go back to early dark in the evenings, true, but you won't have such a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings because it's still too dark to consider getting out from under the covers.

I have friends who complain about the time change, daylight fades too quickly, not liking to drive home from work in the growing dark. But, I like being able to peer in houses when the lights are on...it gives me a warm feeling. It's not like I'm being creepy or stalking! I can't linger long as I'm driving by. I suppose it's because I imagine the people all snug, preparing to eat dinner or simply lucky to be already home and safe while I'm traveling through the cold. I wonder about those that live there and what their life stories might be. I adore this time of year. Hope you can find something that makes it resonate with you as well.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings