Thursday, November 27, 2008

Simply Put



I hope you find your way through a day filled with simple blessings. And, I thought this sweet Shaker song might help to remind us that true joy exists, not in the obvious, but in uncomplicated, simple things that are often over-looked as we race through our lives. Today, I am going to take a few moments to simply 'be,' and not just 'do,' my Thanksgiving. Won't you join me?


'Tis the gift to be loved and that love to return,
'Tis the gift to be taught and a richer gift to learn,
And when we expect of others what we try to live each day,
Then we'll all live together and we'll all learn to say,

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,
'Tis the gift to come down where you ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come round right.

'Tis the gift to have friends and a true friend to be,
'Tis the gift to think of others not to only think of "me",
And when we hear what others really think and really feel,
Then we'll all live together with a love that is real.


Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If I could give you one gift my friend, I would give you the ability to see yourself as others see you, so you would know how very special you are."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings