Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Forgive Me A Little Pout?



Please understand that I am very aware that thousands have lost everything thanks to Hurricane Irene and her flooding aftermath. The pictures are awful and now the east coast is getting pounded by the left-overs from tropical storm Lee. And adding insult to injury, Hurricane Katia is swirling her mischief in the Atlantic.

Michael and I were scheduled to leave Friday for a vacation that we've planned for almost a year. The dogs had reservations at Camp Scanlon- (We have the greatest neighbors who actually look forward to Rory and Fiona staying at their home. I believe their enthusiasm runs along the same premise as that regarding grandchildren-- all the fun AND they eventually go home again!

At any rate, My Lion and I were all ready to meet my brother, sister-in-law, her mom, Laura, Eric, Livy, Baby Ava, and our dear friends Carole & Al for a beautiful week in a spectacular beach house in Rodanthe on the Outer Banks. Years ago, this is the crowd who used to get together and rent a house at various beach paradises. We always had a blast! I was so looking forward to introducing Livy & Ava to our sandy adventures.

The problem is that Hatteras Island remains under a mandatory evacuation until September 17; the day we were supposed to come HOME!

SIGH...

So, I hope you can forgive me while I pout for a bit. I'll get over it long before they get the Island reopened. Blessings on the people trying to pull their lives back together.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly
Thanks to Flkr for this adorable image of a toddler named Dova

5 comments:

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I am sooo sorry about your vacation plans. I live on the NC coast. I know what that Hatteras area looks like. There are 5 breaches in the highway, not just one. I know what it's like to make plans and anticipate a relaxing vacation. I hope you are still able to make it there one day.

Unknown said...

Oh, that's terrible. The only thing that might have been worse is if it had struck while you were there!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Aunt Holly, you can pout a bit - and then you can go get those babies and make some different memories!!

Her Speak said...

I totally sympathize: my boyfriend and I had been saving for over a year to take a trip to New Orleans as a graduation present to ourselves--and Hurricane Katrina hit 2 days before we were supposed to leave. :(

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

That's a real bummer, Holly. Even the best laid plans are no match for Mother Nature.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings