Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Untangling The Nots


My friend Patrick sent this prayer to me recently. And, I thought I would share it with all of you. To help in those moments when you feel you're dangling by your last thread.

Or those long stretches in the night when your mind won't shut off and you find yourself getting tangled deeper and deeper in your cavernous concerns and thoughts. I hope it helps you.

~ The Knots Prayer ~

Dear God:
Please untie the knots
that are in my mind, my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots,
the can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.

Erase the will nots,
may nots,
might nots that may find
a home in my heart.

Release me from the could nots,
would nots, and
should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all, Dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind,
my heart and my life, all of the 'am nots'
that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought
that I am not good enough.
~ Amen

Author Known By Spirit

Now, don't you feel a little less wrapped up in your underwear after saying that? I thought you might. And when you need a reminder of how simply wonderful you are, here's a string to tie around your heart so you remember to come ask me.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka She who will NOT give up!
Artwork by Helen Glazer & photo courtesy of The Internet

12 comments:

Unknown said...

That certainly is a good one; how could I not like it?

Cindy said...

That is beautiful Holly, Maybe today I can untangle some of the knots. big hug, take care.

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Holly, this is very touching. Thank you for sharing.

Lynn

Tery Lynne said...

Great poem! Thanks for sharing.

Tery (Dreamwriter)

Eileen said...

Thanks Holly ... should be our daily prayer. Stay safe, stay warm, and even though it "should not" snow on us all again, Mother Nature doesn't think we've seen enough of her winter beauty just yet! And who isn't a sucker for a record-breaker!

beth said...

let's burn those not knots.....and then roast marshmallows over the flames !

Joanna Jenkins said...

Once again Holly, your timing is perfect. Thanks. I really needed that.
xoxo

gayle said...

So nice!! I feel in knots lots of nights!

Anne H said...

Nots - how good is that, Holly!
Wonderful!

Unknown said...

wearing the skin again my girl ?.......its good to see. When a person goes to a 'shaking tent' ( called a 'yuwippi' in Lakota )ceremony to ask for healing....part of the general requirement.....may be a string of tobacco ties. Usually this begins at 28 ties in 4 colors of cloth. A pinch of tobacco is placed inside a 2" square of cloth which is then 'gathered' and sealed with a double half-hitch continuing in a line which should be unbroken at 112 total. The intent or prayer is to focus on the spirit of each direction (4 corners of earth or 4 elements )praying to each direction while the ties are accomplished. If any separate prayer tie should unravel one has to go back and begin again.....until everything is perfect. Quite a similarity to various other 'focus' traditions. try it sometime when you feel you really need help.Nice prayer.

Unknown said...

Oh.....and howz winter over there ? hahahahah!!!

Marisa said...

A good post Holly...there are a lot of knots that I need to untie because you're right, they do hold me back...I need a longer leash!

You certainly are getting your share of snow...a complete reversal...the US is getting walloped with what is usually meant for us here in the Maritimes. But after the digging out is done, snow can be a lot of fun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings