Thursday, February 18, 2010

If You're Coming To Visit...

...please wear a hard hat. Seriously.

But, if you decide to come, I'm not sure how you'd get threw the iron curtain to the front door.

While the roads are finally clear for you to travel, you have to take your time, because now there's a nasty coating of sheer ice all around.

Oh, and see that nubbin under the tree? Yeah, that was the garden angel that I talked about just the other day. Can angels go down for a third time and drown?

On second thought, even if you do own a hard hat, maybe you should wait until, oh I don't know, let's say July...it may be over by then.

Not that Merv The Griffin and I wouldn't be delighted and thrilled to have the company. Because we truly would. It's just that we love you and want you to stay safe.

The only bright spot in this gray, iced world of ours is that, as I was out taking these pictures of my ice daggers, far off in the distance somewhere a very intrepid cardinal was singing his "Pretty, pretty, pretty," song. We just may make it after all.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka She Who Loves Winter A Whole Lot Less Now

13 comments:

Marisa said...

They do look dangerous! I'll bring my snowshoes too.

Tery Lynne said...

WOW! Dangerous, but beautiful! Great pictures, Holly ;)

Cindy said...

You will make it Holly, the cardinal would have been so nice to hear. It looks like you have more snow than us. I tell you, our winter has been crazy strange. take care my friend.

Unknown said...

Here in Southern Maine, it's 50 degrees and almost all the snow has melted. It's weird in the middle of February!

clairedulalune said...

Oh my word Holly they are beautiful yet errie pictures!Dangerous to say the least as well! Searching for my hard hat........ ((hugs))

Eileen said...

Holly ... our worlds maybe miles apart but they look very much the same. I finally took a number of whacks with a broom handle out my bedroom window to dislodge a giant formation hanging off the roof. It hung right over my slider to the back yard. I was afraid Molly wouldn't wear her hard hat when she headed out to take a potty break and it might've chosen just that moment to crash on her. You stay safe too!

xxx said...

Good morning beautiful Holly...

I'm so sorry for the confusion and I will now amend that post to include you.
It's going to be fun and I will keep you posted.

and yes your neck of the woods is as cold as mine is hot.... awesome photos.

xox Ribbon :)

Diva Kreszl said...

oh my they do look dangerous, don't they? We are pretty much in the same conditon here at the Jersey shore but I saw a Robin today! Now usually I get excited about seeing robins since I'm sure that means spring is right around the corner. This time I am convinced the poor thing is terribly lost, I mean really there isn't a speck of grass to be seen ofr miles and miles, how will he survive?

Joanna Jenkins said...

Oh jeez, I remember those days of ice and cold and snow and wondering when it would ever end.... and it's only February!

I'm sending you melting, defrosting, thawing out and very warm vibes your way Holly. Be careful on the ice.

xoxo

Ann Marie said...

so jealous of all that wondrous snow...am forgetting what cold feels like. not good.
LOVE the title of your blog. The thing is is that my mother always tells me, but i just don't get it until it's too late. i'll have to try to change that!

gayle said...

Loved looking at the snow pictures. Ours has melted a long time ago...then again we didn't get as much as you did.

Life With Dogs said...

I love this winter. Sorry, can't help myself. I truly feel your pain - but for some reason we are off the hook this year.
Keep your head down! ;)

Unknown said...

Great Pics Holly....hope you're loving the snow...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings