Friday, January 1, 2010

To Start

If I could give you everything you wanted, I'd try. If I could grant your every wish, I'd try. If I could make your world right, I'd try. If I could bring peace, love, joy, hope, faith, I'd try.

Yes, because I care, I would try. But, I am afraid I don't have the power to do all of that for all of you.

So for this new year, this new decade, I resolve that I will:

Love mySelf and love you.

Be your friend.

I will tell you the truth when you ask me.

I will hug you.

Kiss you.

Sit with you quietly when that's what you need.

Listen to you so completely that you know you've been heard.

Laugh with you, chat with you.

Be with you.

Share with you.

Be kind to you and more gentle with myself.

Be present to you.

Because you are wonderful, and I am blessed to have you as part of my life.

This year, I resolve to be the best friend, lover, family, fellow traveler, I can be.

I will stand with you as you make your way and hope you will do the same for me.

For we are all travelers on this road and will not pass this way again in the same form. So while we are here together, let us relish every second of it, and be positive about ourselves. With joy and expectation,

I resolve to face this new year and new decade with my best to myself, and to you.

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly
Image courtesy of Sally on Flickr

19 comments:

Julie - Not in Oz said...

Beauty-filled post, as usual. Many of us are committing this year to SELF! How awesome is that! Glad to see you back....you have been missed!

beth said...

happy new year holly....
maybe it be the best one yet !

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Thank you so much Holly! Love this, so happy to 'know' you and your writing is some of the best.

Happy New Year to you and may all your wishes and dreams come true.

Sara said...

This post makes me feel so good... and loved. :) I missed you.

Happy New Year to you and your family. xoxo

Cindy said...

Wonderful post Holly, I wish you all the Best in 2010. I look forward to the traveling together.

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

Thank you for your always loving words. I've enjoyed reading your travelling status on facebook. May 2010 bring you health and abundance in every area of your life!

Barbara said...

Thank you, Holly. All the best in 2010 and may it fulfill your dreams and wishes. We are all lucky to have you in our corner!!

xoxo B

Pretty Zesty said...

Lovely post. Have a great start to the new year!

Genie Sea said...

Happy New Year Holly! I am sending you some reciprocating hugs and warm wishes! You're a doll! :)

Anne H said...

Extra points for such great words!
Holly aka Queen of the Universe - Happy New Year!
And all that good stuff right back at 'cha!

xxx said...

Lovely Holly!

May your best dreams come true for you.

thinking of you with a smile
Ribbon xxx

Miss Robyn said...

I like this :) ~ this year I wish to be gentle with myself and to find the Sacred in MY Ordinary...
a very blessed and 2010 to you dear Holly xo

Karen D said...

Thank you Holly and i will do the same for you. So glad to see you back online, you have been missed.
Wishing your New Year is filled with all you wish and dream for.

gayle said...

Such a sweet post...I want to rememeber and do!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Fantastic post Holly and probably the very best resolution I've read this year! I wish all of this for you and more!!!

Here's to another great year of friendship and reading.

Love you,
xo

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Happy New Year Holly. I hope we can all live up to your resolutions/wishes. And I'm so glad to see you back - I've missed you.

Guess what I found under my Christmas tree?? - you got it!! The D & B Scottie purse!! And am I ever enjoying it.

Happy New Year,
Lynn

flowers1 said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Holly.
Thank you for all you do for everyone. Your sharing of yourself and your talents are a gift to all.
You know I love and care about you, friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly, I stumbled upon your blog (so glad I did). Your New Year post is really beautiful.

thanks.
Heidi

Sunny said...

Hi Holly, I'm sorry that I'm so behind with my comments.
Your post is a wonderful way to start the New Year. Best Wishes for 2010.
Sunny :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings