Saturday, January 30, 2010

Something Fishy With The Mail

I guess it's no surprise when you wonder what's up with the postal service these days. But, something is most definitely fishy with the package that came yesterday. See for yourself...

Yep, purple and blue fish arrived at my house. It cost a lot of money to send those fish! Who would do such a thing?

Along with the fish, a letter of explanation...

And, copies of photos I passingly said I admire...

And a wild heart with a bug of bling! Bugs and fish in the mail? Wow! The funny thing is, the one who sent it?

Couldn't have known how excited the critters and bugs who already swarm my house would act. How very pleased and excited to have a new member in their Bling Family. They immediately swarmed around in welcome. Landing on that cool paper heart in a matter of seconds! I love synchronicity!

And, the most warm and wonderful love note from a friend far away... reminding me yet again that the blog world is so wonderful because it brings people together who may never have met in 'real' time. Brings warmth, commraderie, friendship. Forms bonds of support and care.

It really goes above and beyond considering this was the second care package sent. The first one was destroyed in the mail and the broken pieces were returned to her weeks later.

Who could be that generous and kind?

Thank you Cinner, for your wonderful gifts and for sharing from you personal life. For giving me a sense of who you are by what you write and so freely give. Turns out fish can survive in the mail after all!

My Love & Thanks to my Canadian Friend!

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka She Who Is Grateful

12 comments:

joyce said...

Ooh, I love those bugs!! And you happened to have their mates...how cool is that? I'll have to check Cindy out, a fellow canadian in blogland, imagine that! (hint of sarcasm there) ;)

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh oh oh what a sweet and wonderful gift! I love Cinner... such a sweetheart!! How wonderful hon...don't ya just love treats!!
All very well deserved my dear friend!!
Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

How absolutely wonderful. So kind of her to send another care package. Care packages are lovely to receive. And those BUGS! What a happy family they are!

Much love to you and your Canadian friend!

beth said...

that cindy...

she's just the best canadian friend EVER !!!

Eileen said...

What a lovely surprise package to a well deserved woman who truly has the heart big enough to appreciate all of the big and little thoughts and gestures and gifts that come her way. Cinner was so very thoughtful and I see that she has come to know and love you like the rest of us! Her choices for you were just perfect!

Unknown said...

What a neat surprise and what a great bloggy friend!

Sara said...

Such sweetness you received. :) Cindy is a sweetie indeed. Love her... and you. xx

Cindy said...

Holly, what a surprise, my goodness, and how excited I was to see you have a garden of bugs. That is just strange that I knew. I am so glad you got the package especially after waiting so long for the first one. It is the little things that one does that makes me love them, such as your lovely card I came home to after Dad. I hope you enjoy. Hugs to you.

Liz Fulcher, The Fragrant Muse said...

Like attracts like and it looks like your friend Cinner is a marvelous human being, just like you! I have thing for pins and just adore those bugs!

Joanna Jenkins said...

It's easy to see why a second care package would arrive on your door step Holly. First, because you're such a good friend and second because the sender was Cinner-- she's a real sweetheart.

Enjoy all your wonderful loot and thanks for sharing it with us.

Happy weekend.
xo

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Cinner is a Goddes incarnate!

Slainte, Lady Holly.

gayle said...

That is so very nice of Cinner!!!The bugs are really cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings