Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Cautionary Puppy Tail or Tale

Michael has always responded to his children, when it comes to experience being the best teacher, "No, someone else's experience is the best teacher!" He means that you don't have to go through a hard time if you will listen to someone who tells you how it can be. If only you would listen.

So, because I love you, for the love of gawd, please listen to me so you can avoid the same bad outcome. Ready? Okay, so here it is...

No matter how much a puppy wiggles at you, and kisses you, and smooshies on you, and makes you feel that you should just cuddle with it....don't fall for it. It's a ploy; a trap; a time bomb.

No matter how much they gaze at you with adoration beaming out of their liquid brown eyes, don't you dare succumb! Do you hear me?! Just don't.

Yesterday, I did exactly that. Argyle was having a rare calm moment when all he wanted was to be with Mommer and snuggle. So I stretched out next to him on the floor and he curled close to me and we fell asleep.

Well, at least one of us fell asleep. And, when I woke, it was to the sound of him contently chewing on one of his many toys. Except...

...it wasn't a toy at all.

I'd type more to you, but the truth is, I can't see a damn thing and I'm feeling like I've been punked by a 12 week old. Please tell me you'll learn from my mistake!!!

Namaste' Till Next Time,
Holly aka Argyle's Mommer at least for now...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, no! lol! the little devil!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I just don't know what to say....

Love you!!
Lynn

Joanna Jenkins said...

Dare I say... At least you got a nap :-)
So sorry, Holly. That really stinks. I hope Argyle got the stink-eye from you and learned a lesson too.

xo jj

Cindy said...

Holly I am so sorry, I worked in the Optical field for about six years. I can not tell you how often we saw the exact same thing.....especially right after Christmas....and puppies they are the worst....I have been lucky but have had the ends of shoes eaten off and one of hubbies cowboy boots the end chewed off, so am I right to picture you swearing,,,,that is what I did. hope you have a great new year....thanks for the comment about my photos...I know id I did not tell you nobody would know, too me it is just hilarious. sending a big hug your way.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Previous Musings